Sikagard®-831 is a solvent-free 2-pack modified epoxy-based intumescent fire-protection coating for internally or externally exposed aluminum or steel surfaces. It provides very high durability and combined corrosion and fire protection (EN45545 / NFPA 130). It is easily applied with standard airless spray equipment, requires no reinforcement, cures rapidly to a very tough and resistant finish ready for handling and transportation after 24 hours.
- Highly resistant to mechanical impact and damage in service
- Passes EN 45545-3 R45 / EN 45545-2 R1 / R7
- Can be applied in one coat for up to 4 mm dry-film thickness
- Application directly on blast-cleaned steel surfaces
- Rapid cure – handling and transport ready in 24 h
- No primer or top coat needed
- Meets the NFPA 130 standard