From Development to Implementation
Sika develops bonding and sealing solutions in close cooperation with its customers in the facade and window industry.
To Sika, this means not only developing best-in-class technology solutions to match the customer’s technical and commercial requirements, but also ensuring appropriate performance throughout the design, prototyping, validation and full production phases. Experts in Sika’s Research and Development, Technical Service and System Engineering specialize in devising unique client-oriented solutions.
"Bonding Excellence is when we offer you the best individual service for your glazing projects. "
Design and Process Suport
Application oriented adhesives and sealants, as well as innovative construction methods are currently in high demand, which calls for design and application support.
At Sika Facade and Fenestration Competence Centres, the most suitable solutions are developed in partnership with our customers to achieve the targeted results. Ultimately, this means reduced production costs, greater product reliability, improved aesthetic appeal and faster turn-around times, adding value to the activities of Sika customers.
Testing and Evaluation
Sika Technical Service teams are located around the world, and are dedicated to providing best practice selection, validation and application of Sika materials.
By being located close to our customers, Technical Department of Sika Industry provides fast and reliable project tests based on international or local standards and can assure optimum local language communication and understanding throughout the technical application development process to ensure the best possible results.
- Review and consultancy of facade and window systems with regard to suitability for bonding
- Advice on system improvements i.e. material choice or dimensioning
- Support with prototyping
- Functional tests / test plan of entire system for compatibility, adhesion and function
- Active consulting, including the selection of right application technology
- Assist in system and equipment engineering / bonding technology
- Support with application and quality procedures
- Preparation of operating manuals for bonding in conformity with ISO
- Factory and on-site training of applicators
- Best practice sample preparation